It’s the DOG DAYS OF SUMMER this June in Robbinsville! Spay/neuter your dog for only $99. This special runs all month long in June.
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER is limited to residents of certain counties. Call our Robbinsville Clinic
at (609) 208-3252 to inquire.
Please note: this special is not valid at PFA’s Hillside Clinic.
The ASPCA and People for Animals are working together on a study of cats’ behavior and appearance. The goal is to develop an accurate method of determining, when cats first arrive in an animal shelter environment, which are truly unsocialized with people and which are socialized with people but frightened in that environment. This information would help improve Trap-Neuter-Return services and reduce the unnecessary euthanasia of feral cats and frightened pet cats.
Your cat’s participation:
Cats stay for three days at the People for Animals clinic in a special room set aside just for them. Their behavior in response to people and to unfamiliar objects will be observed while each cat is living in its own standard holding cage containing a soft bed, a perching shelf, a litterbox, food and water. All cats will receive high quality, attentive care. All observations will occur before spay/neuter surgery and are not expected to hurt your cat in any way. For example, we will observe the cat’s response to:
- A person cracking the cage door open then immediately closing it
- An unfamiliar object hung on the front of the cage
- Being petted gently through the cage with a rubber-tipped rod
- A dish of food while a person stands nearby
After the three days of observations, your cat will be spayed/neutered as usual.
- A discount on spay/neuter surgery
- Vaccination against feline upper respiratory infection
- Topical flea & tick treatment
- The satisfaction of helping the 3 million cats who enter animal shelters each year
- You’ll complete a questionnaire about the cat’s behavior in his/her normal environment
- You must know the cat well to complete the survey, therefore:
- Pet cats must have been in your home for the past 1 month or more
- Free-roaming cats must have been seen regularly for the past 3 months or more
- Cats must be healthy and 6 months to 10 years old
- Cats must not be obviously nursing, pregnant or in heat
- Up to 4 cats may participate per owner/caregiver
Download and share this flier (Spanish) (PDF)
Download and share this flier (Portuguese) (PDF)
For more information or to schedule participation call People for Animals: (609) 208-3252
Authorities removed nineteen dogs and puppies from a Readington Township home because the 66-year old woman could not care properly for them.
Excerpts from article:
Diane O’Donnell is president of People for Animals Spay/Neuter & Rescue Clinic in Hillside and owner of Longhill Kennel in Hillsborough. “I’ve seen worse,” she said. “They were extremely dirty and smelled like ammonia,” from their own urine.
The township’s animal control officers turned them over to her. The dogs were promptly washed and had their nails clipped and “none of them growled, there were no bites. They’re not at all aggressive,” O’Donnell said. “They’re good dogs, they’re adoptable. All of them.”
All are receiving vaccinations and being spayed or neutered before being released for adoption.
Please make a donation to help with medical bills for all these pups! Part of the proceeds from our upcoming FIDO FIESTA dog walk on Sunday, May 5th will also go to helping these dogs.
Read the full article at NJ.com: Jailed woman surrenders her 19 dogs, 3 puppies, authorities looking for new homes.
This May, PFA wants you to FIX BY FIVE! To help, we’re spaying and neutering puppies under 5 months for only $70 and kittens under 5 months for only $35.
Call our Hillside clinic at (973) 282-0890 or our Robbinsville clinic at (609) 208-3252 today to make your appointment!
You can also request an appointment using our Hillside or Robbinsville appointment request form.
Next Page »